* Google Ad

Author Topic: "Just Pirate" Hotline Miami 2 if It's Banned in Australia, Dev Says  (Read 229 times)

Offline DimiFW

• [+]0
  • [--]0

"Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number" developer Jonatan Söderström, also known as "Cactus," has told Australian players they can go ahead and pirate the game if it doesn't get an official release in their country.

On Wednesday, it emerged that the Australian censor refused to classify the top-down shooter, based on what it deemed as scenes of strong violence, as well as what it determined as a rape scene.

Söderström made the comment in an email to an Australian fan who asked what's the best way to purchase the game if it doesn't get an official release in the country. The exchange was posted to Reddit and later confirmed as authentic by publisher Devolver Digital.

If it ends up not being released in Australia, just pirate it after release," Söderström said. "No need to send us any money, just enjoy the game!"

Developer Dennaton Games has since responded to the ban, writing in a statement that it feels the Australian Classification Board has "stretched the facts."

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is the sequel to 2012's stylish, ultra violent top-down shooter, which so far has sold more than a million copies. The game was originally set to release on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita in 2014, but is now set to release in the first quarter of this year.

awesome reaction from that dev in my opinion :D what do you think and will you get yourself Hotline Miami 2? Have you even played the first HM?

Offline Deadmeat553

Re: "Just Pirate" Hotline Miami 2 if It's Banned in Australia, Dev Says
    « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »
  • [+]0
  • [--]0
  • That's awesome! It would be great if they would even release a torrent for their Australian fans so they wouldn't even have to wait for a potentially virus ridden one to be made.

Offline DimiFW

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 06:02:32 PM »
  • [+]0
  • [--]0
  • That's awesome! It would be great if they would even release a torrent for their Australian fans so they wouldn't even have to wait for a potentially virus ridden one to be made.

great idea, that would be hilarious

Offline Sa6peto

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 07:25:26 PM »
  • [+]0
  • [--]0
  • Im pretty sure the dev had another glorious statement like that in the past .
    He was on some show , and was asked bout ppl pirating games in general , and his opinion on the case .
    The guy smiled , and sayd something among those lines.
    *I make games for people to enjoy them , so feel free to pirate my game . and if you enjoy it you can buy it after *
    Then he even tweeted a link to ThePirateBay link to DL the game .
    That guy is awesome , we need more people like that :)

Don't ClickHERE

Offline juhaszandor

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 10:34:53 AM »
  • [+]0
  • [--]0
  • Im pretty sure the dev had another glorious statement like that in the past .
    He was on some show , and was asked bout ppl pirating games in general , and his opinion on the case .
    The guy smiled , and sayd something among those lines.
    *I make games for people to enjoy them , so feel free to pirate my game . and if you enjoy it you can buy it after *
    Then he even tweeted a link to ThePirateBay link to DL the game .
    That guy is awesome , we need more people like that :)

Yeah he seems like a cool guy. Back then i used pirated copies to check out the game because publishers rejected to give demos.

Offline Heisenberg

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 03:55:34 AM »
  • [+]0
  • [--]0
  • Games still get censored nowadays?That's sad.
    Thank god I'm an atheist.

Offline RockPaperScissors

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 08:02:56 AM »
  • [+]0
  • [--]0
  • Seems like a cool dev, it's too bad games are still getting censored for no reason though. Especially australia?

Offline Sa6peto

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 10:15:00 AM »
  • [+]0
  • [--]0
  • I dont understand whats wrong with Australia ... seriously .
    The amount of times i read somewhere This game got banned on australia , or that game got banned on australia ... or the australian version of this game dont have this and that ...
    Its just boggles my mind...

Don't ClickHERE

Offline Venhiem

• When you have dived off a cliff your only hope is the abolition of gravity.
    • Trade Count: (0)
    • 218 Credits
    • View Inventory
    • Send Money To Venhiem
    • Member Reputation: +30/-22
    • This was printed on recycled pixels
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 05:14:35 AM »
  • [+]0
  • [--]0
  • That's great! This is one cool, bad-ass dev.

That's awesome! It would be great if they would even release a torrent for their Australian fans so they wouldn't even have to wait for a potentially virus ridden one to be made.

I don't think that's such a good idea, I mean, it'll be the equivilant of releasing the game for free instead of selling it. Look at it this way, if the game was a free download from the dev website, and the same version would be sold on Steam, who'd buy it? Telling people to get a torrent is just the devs approval to something which was inevitable anyway.

Offline Ride

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 05:38:44 AM »
  • [+]0
  • [--]0
  • That's great! This is one cool, bad-ass dev.

I don't think that's such a good idea, I mean, it'll be the equivilant of releasing the game for free instead of selling it. Look at it this way, if the game was a free download from the dev website, and the same version would be sold on Steam, who'd buy it? Telling people to get a torrent is just the devs approval to something which was inevitable anyway.

They could release a torrent but put some copy protection in there like some devs have done before. Make the game act all weird or something. That would be hilarious.

Gamers would be like: "Oh thanks for putting this up, now we can play it! Best devs ever!", then a few minutes in: "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Hey, beats getting a virus, even though some copy protection methods practically are viruses.

Offline Venhiem

• When you have dived off a cliff your only hope is the abolition of gravity.
    • Trade Count: (0)
    • 218 Credits
    • View Inventory
    • Send Money To Venhiem
    • Member Reputation: +30/-22
    • This was printed on recycled pixels
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 05:46:29 AM »
  • [+]0
  • [--]0
  • They could release a torrent but put some copy protection in there like some devs have done before. Make the game act all weird or something. That would be hilarious.

Gamers would be like: "Oh thanks for putting this up, now we can play it! Best devs ever!", then a few minutes in: "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Hey, beats getting a virus, even though some copy protection methods practically are viruses.

But that would be a very negative move and quite contrary to the devs views stated here, in fact it'd be like a troll